Azahari Othman, who is among the distinguished speakers and a well known trainer in the corporate training industry in Malaysia had his early education in St.John’s Institution, Kuala Lumpur. He holds a Bachelor of Science in Marketing Management, a Master of Business Administration in Management Consulting, and a Doctorate in Business Administration in Leadership and Management.
He began his retail management career in Mervyn’s Departmental Store, one of the leading retail organizations of Dayton Hudson Group in America and later held various managerial positions in few established retail organizations in Malaysia. Azahari’s extensive experience in retail business operations & management, together with his skills and knowledge in corporate management and human development has brought him to conduct many motivational, management, and retail skill training programs for both management and non-management of private organizations, government agencies, and NGOs.
The founder and international speaker of 8ELQ of Self Development Programs, Azahari’s philosophy has become an effective holistic approach in the management of relationships particularly in the area of Corporate Team Building Program, Leadership Skills Program, Customer Service & Relations Program, Entrepreneurship Program, Personal Development & Motivation Program, Executives & Managerial Development Program, Employees Work Ethics Program, and few others.
Azahari was also an honorary guest speaker for many national and international seminars which include among others are The Rotary Youth International Leadership Achievement 2002 (RYLA) Program, The National Secretaries Conference 2003 Kuala Lumpur, and a seminar entitled ‘Cinta Pada Ilmu’ held at UiTM Shah Alam, attended by more than 2000 students.
His topic of presentation on ‘Management by Love: Retaining K-Workers Towards Achieving Organizational Vision’ has received world recognition when he was invited as the key plenary speaker at the 9th World Conference of International Federation of Women Entrepreneurs (IFWE) held in October 2002. Three hundred delegates from 13 countries have attended this well esteemed world conference.
He had eventually appeared in many TV programs in the early morning TV3’s live talk show ‘Malaysia Hari Ini’, ASTRO, BERNAMA’s ‘Helo Malaysia’ talk shows, and also appeared in Malaysian Internet TV’s ‘Power Breakfast’ live talk show broadcasted to 40 countries worldwide hosted by Suhaimi Sulaiman. Few of his articles on ‘Management by Love’ were also published in few local magazines.
Azahari’s professional ability as a speaker and trainer together with his high energetic style of presentation has made each program so exciting, motivating, and inspiring. His styles of delivery had encouraged active participation from the audiences and this has made him a much sought after speaker by many corporations, associations and the media.
Since his involvement in corporate trainings in 1997, Azahari had attended to more than 100,000 participants comprise of various levels from upper senior management to general & non-executive employees of corporate sectors, government agencies, manufacturing sectors, NGOs, higher learning institutions, etc. Among others that have benefited from Azahari’s training include,
• Advance Gas Turbine Solutions Sdn. Bhd.
• Air Keroh d’Village Resort
• Akademi Fantasia, ASTRO
• Amalgamated Industries Steel (M) Bhd.
• Amanah Saham Selangor Bhd.
• Arab-Malaysian Development Bhd.
• Arab-Malaysian Development Bhd. (Textiles)
• Asian NDK Sdn.Bhd.
• Asian Overland Services Sdn. Bhd.
• Bank Kerjasama Rakyat Malaysia
• Britannia Brands Sdn. Bhd.
• Bukit Merah Laketown Resort
• Chemi-Con (M) Sdn. Bhd.
• Cement Industry Malaysia (CIMA) Sdn. Bhd.
• Citranet Sdn. Bhd.
• Credit Guarantee Corporation (M) Bhd. (CGC)
• Computer System Advisers Sdn. Bhd (CSA)
• Cosmoplast (M) Sdn.Bhd.
• Courts Mammoth Berhad
• Dewan Usahawan Industri Desa
• Dataone Asia (M) Sdn. Bhd.
• Dewan Bandaraya Kuala Lumpur
• Dewan Bahasa & Pustaka (DBP)
• DHL Logistic
• EXEL Global Logistic Sdn. Bhd.
• FELDA Akademi
• FELDA Holdings Bhd.
• Franchise Channel Sdn. Bhd.
• Freescale (M) Sdn. Bhd.
• Frontline Technologies Corp. (M) Sdn. Bhd.
• Ford Malaysia
• FORMIS Group
• Jabatan Pendidikan Malaysia
• Jabatan Perhubungan Perusahaan
• Global Management Technology Training Sdn. Bhd. (GMTt)
• Golden Hope Plantation Academy
• Gagasan Usahawan Malaysia
• Goodyear (M) Berhad
• Hitachi Cable (M) Sdn.Bhd
• Hospicare (M) Sdn. Bhd.
• Hospital Angkatan Tentera Melaka 94
• Ibu Pejabat Polis Daerah Gombak
• Infineon Technologies
• International Islamic University Malaysia (IIU)
• Institut Perakaunan Negara (IPN)
• INFRA, Pusat Latihan Kementerian Pembangunan Luar Bandar
• Jabatan Kemajuan Masyarakat, Johor
• Jabatan Penyiaran Malaysia (RTM)
• Jabatan Akauntan Negara Malaysia
• JINHO Global Sdn.Bhd.
• JVC Electronic
• Kementerian Kebajikan Masyarakat
• Kementerian Pelajaran Malaysia, Putrajaya
• Kementerian Sumber Asli & Alam Sekitar
• Kementerian Kerja Raya & Jabatan Kerja Raya
• Komplek Kewangan
• Konsortium Perabot & Logam Sdn. Bhd.
• Koperasi Angkatan Tentera Malaysia Berhad
• Kolej Poly-Tech MARA
• Kumpulan IKRAM
• Kuala Lumpur Infrastructure University College (KLIUC)
• Lembaga Pertubuhan Peladang (LPP)
• Lembaga Getah Malaysia (LGM)
• Lincoln College
• Luxchem Sdn.Bhd.
• Malayawata Steel Berhad
• Malaysia Top Making Mills Sdn. Bhd.
• Malaysian International Shipping Organization (MISC) Sdn. Bhd.
• Malaysian International Shipping Corporation (MISC) Agencies Sdn.Bhd
• MISC Trucking & Warehousing Sdn.Bhd.
• Malaysia Building Society Berhad (MBSB)
• Mayban Finance Berhad
• MRCB (Engineering & Construction Division)
• Mun Loong – Hankyu Jaya Berhad
• Meditop Corporation (M) Sdn. Bhd.
• MOCCIS Trading Sdn. Bhd.
• Mitsumi Electronics Sdn.Bhd.
• MK Electric Sdn.Bhd.
• NEC Semiconductor Sdn.Bhd.
• Padi Beras Nasional Berhad (BERNAS)
• Pantai Cheras Medical Centre
• Panorama Langkawi Sdn. Bhd.
• Perbadanan Filem Nasional (FINAS)
• Perbadanan Sumber Manusia Berhad (PSMB)
• Pembangunan Pelancungan Malaysia (PEMPENA)
• PEREMBA Construction Sdn. Bhd.
• Perodua Manufacturing Sdn. Bhd.
• Persatuan Pedagang & Pengusaha Melayu Malaysia (PERDASAMA)
• PG Edible Oil – WILMA International Group
• Phillips Electronic Supplies Sdn.Bhd.
• Phillips Optical Storage, Laser Optic.
• Pos Malaysia Berhad
• Pusat Usahawan Mara (PUSMA)
• Pembangunan Pelancungan Nasional (PEMPENA)
• PEDMA Sdn. Bhd.
• Perbadanan Komputer Nasional Bhd.
• Perbadanan Nasional Berhad (PNS)
• Perbadanan Usahawan Nasional Berhad (PUNB)
• Perbadanan Tabung Pendidikan Tinggi Nasional (PTPTN)
• Pusat Zakat Selangor
• Putrajaya Holding Sdn. Bhd.
• Protac Insurance Broker Sdn. Bhd.
• Renong Berhad
• Rotary Club Bandar Sunway
• Royal PD Yatch Club
• Ryoka (M) Sdn.Bhd.
• Sebana Golf & Marina Resort (SGMR)
• Secret Forest Sdn. Bhd.
• Secure Guards Sdn. Bhd.
• Seri Pacific Hotel
• Shantawood Sdn. Bhd.
• Shin-Etsu (M) Sdn.Bhd.
• Sime Darby Business School
• Sime Darby Lockton Insurance Broker Sdn. Bhd.
• Sime Darby Plantation Academy
• SMK Electronics (M) Sdn.Bhd.
• SPR Negeri Kedah
• Strategic Incap Solutions Sdn. Bhd.
• Syarikat Air Johor (SAJ)
• Syarikat Perumahan Nasional Berhad (SPNB)
• Syarikat Suruhanjaya Malaysia (SSM)
• Takaful Malaysia
• Tenaga Nasional Berhad (TNB)
• Totokiki Sdn. Bhd.
• United Engineers Malaysia Berhad (UEM)
Due to his excellent education background, notable reputation and great achievement track record, Azahari is appointed and currently served the following establishment as,
- Chief Consultant, Barefoot Group, Malaysia.
- Principal & Founder, The 8ELQ of Self Development Programs.
- A Director of Program, Lincoln College, Kuala Lumpur.
- A Corporate Trainer / Lecturer, Akademi Felda, Officer-In-Charged (OIC) Program.
- A Corporate Trainer / Lecturer, Management Trainee Program (MTP), Sime Darby Business School.
- A Director of Program, ITS Management Sdn. Bhd.
- A Director of Program, Suntrant Management Sdn. Bhd.
- A Director of Program, Global Infoskills Sdn. Bhd.
Azahari’s great achievements and recognitions among others include:
• Ranked #1 best trainer out of forty appointed trainers and a lecturers for Officer-In-Charged (OIC) Program, Akademi FELDA, 2009/2010.
• Among the Best & Popular Trainer for Management Trainee Program (MTP), Sime Darby Business School, 2009/2010.
• Certified as a Corporate Trainer of Perbadanan Sumber Manusia Berhad, 2009/2010.
• Excellence Corporate Trainer for PG Edible Oil (Wilmar International Group) for all 15 sessions (Southern) and 4 sessions (Northern) with a total participants of almost 1000 pax, 2009/2010.
• Appointed as a motivator and trainer for Akademi Fantasia 3 (AF3) 2005, and Akademi Fantasia 5 (AF5) 2007.
• Appointed as a professional jury for the auditions and selections of the Akademi Fantasia 8’s (AF8) students, 2010.
Lovingly known as Dr.Luv, Azahari is a person with high motivation and inspiration. His belief and unique philosophy of ‘Live to learn and to love, learn to live and to love, and love to live and to learn’ is the most precious philosophy that can fulfill one’s life with many great achievements. Azahari is also an author of ‘Sekilas Kehidupan Buat Pedoman, Demi Kebahagiaan Masa Depan’, a motivation book which was published in January 2010.
Sunday, November 14, 2010
Friday, February 27, 2009
The 8ELQ of Team Excellence
21st-23rd February 2009
Summerset Beach Resort, Rompin
THANK YOU to all participants for your fullest commitment in making the teambuilding program a very successful one .. Love always!!
Thursday, February 26, 2009
The 8ELQ of Service Excellence
17th & 18th February 2009
Mutiara Burau Bay Resort, Langkawi.
THANK YOU .. To all participants for your fullest commitment in making this program a very successful one. May ALLAH bless you all. Happy living, learning, and loving!!
Sunday, February 1, 2009
YES, YOU CAN!!!
Live life to the fullest extent possible .. disability or no disability!
- Even if getting there takes some extra effort.
- Even if getting there takes a long time.
- Even if getting there requires skills you never knew you possessed.
- Even if getting there means you have to work harder than you ever have.
Learn The Power of 3Ls!!
- The Power of LIVING ..
- The Power of LEARNING ..
- The Power of LOVING ..
Don't SABOTAGE your life .. Life is too precious to be wasted!!
From the heart of
'Building FINAS Winning Team'
Sept 17th-19th 2006 (Group 1)
Sept 20th-22nd 2006 (Group 2)
Nur Lembah Lenggung, Perak.
All Levels (Ketua & Timbalan Ketua Pengarah, Executives and Supporting Staff)
Methodology of Program :
- Lectures on Theory & Concept
- Group Discussions & Presentations
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Case Studies
- Outdoor Activities
- River Crossing across Sg.Perak
- Flying Fox
- Rafting along Sg. Perak
- Cave Exploration
- To develop FINAS culture with shared values and vision.
- To reinforce strategic thinking in creating and maintaining self-directed high performance teams with greater responsibility.
- To recognize team skills and increase the ability to resolve team problems through strategic thinking and creativity.
- Theory and Concept of an Excellent Team
- Understanding Organization's Vision, Mission and Values
- Strategic Thinking & Creativity in Building a Winning Team
- The Power of Synergy
- How to Resolve Team Conflict
- The Ten Commandments of Basic Human Relations
- Tonggak Dua Belas
- 'Management by Love' The 8Values in Building FINAS Winning Team
Dr. Azahari Othman (aka Dr.LUV)
Chief Consultant & Corporate Trainer
Barefoot Associates Sdn. Bhd.
"If you're going to play together as team, you've got to care for one another. You've got to know how to value and love each other" - Dr.LUV
Saturday, December 6, 2008
International Federations of Women Entrepreneurs (IFWE) 9th World Conference.
Date & Venue:
10th-13th October 2002
Palace of Golden Horses Hotel, Kuala Lumpur.
Title of Presentation:
"Management by Love - Retaining K-Workers Towards Achieving Organizational Vision"
Key Topics Presented:
- Theory & Overview of Love
- The Power of Love
- Leadership & Love
- Definition of K-Workers
- Knowledge Management
- Understand the Importance of Vision, Mission and Core Values
- The CARESSES Approach Towards Achieving Organizational Vision
300 delegates from 13 countries
Key Plenary Speaker:
Barefoot Associates Sdn. Bhd.